Hi everyone! Today let me share my first official series of sketches using ordinary pencil since I am just a beginner in this field of art. 


Though you've seen my previous art work that was composed of anime art, some of my friends and families wanted we're asking me if I can draw a realistic face of human so that I can earn money if some people wanted them to draw their faces. Then I answered quickly; yes! I will try to learn it without even knowing how hard it is to learn in just watching video tutorials online.


I think it's been a week since I started to try sketching eyes, nose and lip. Then I tried to sketch a whole (front) face without a reference which was my Art Work. I was looking around and finalizing which will be my reference photo to be the first of my Pencil Sketch batch then my fiance ask me if I wanted to sketch his photo. I wanted to ignore it first but I have to face my fear, what if I ruin his face with my drawing and I don't want to felt that I can't make it without even trying. 


Now that I've tried it, I'm gonna share it today what I've learned and applying some of this into my drawing. 

I sketch the face using some basic guidelines. Then I draw the eyes, eyebrow and the bottom part of the nose.


Then I continue to the lips and the hair. When I was satisfied with some of the details I proceed to the shading part.


To be honest, sketching is harder than I expected. I struggle a lot in every angle. The shading of the eyes was too hard for me and even placing the eyebrows took me longer. Making the eyes proportion both sides was another issue that I have to learn. The nose was hard to sketch that will look exactly to the reference as my guide. While on the lips I made a wrong move that I shade darker on the edges.

One of my weakest point of this drawing was the hair strands. This part is new to me since I draw anime without a realistic hair strands plus the mustache are too hard to copy. I've almost wanted to quit in that part but my fiance encourage me to take it easy and slow. 

Now I guess that the pencil that I've been using for my drawing cannot give me a much darker shades that I wanted. Maybe if I can draw better than this I will consider to my the right tool for my art but for the mean time since I am still a beginner, ordinary pencil still works! 


Here is my final work. Hope you'll like it as it is my first...


Gracias ♥️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post