Egg waffle /Bubble waffle originated from Hong Kong.



I haven't seen this kind of waffle here at my current location. It looks so cute and the recipe of it was close to the western waffle recipe. I had to research for different recipes of waffle and compare it to an egg waffle ingredients which they added a tapioca starch to the flour. To be honest I am so interested to this recipe that it made me think of it for the past two weeks. 


Though I don't have an egg waffle maker/pan, I have my takoyaki pan which I think can be alternative way to make my own egg waffle at home. I have two takoyaki pan and maybe it will consume me some time to learn ways of handling two pans just to make egg waffle. 

Having egg waffle maker is a lot more easier to flip unlike on what I am planning to do today. Wish me goodluck guys!




My simple recipe was composed of flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, oil, water and vanilla extract. You can definitely add eggs and milk. 


Pre-heat pan and spray with oil. Set it on low-medium heat. Scoop your batter and spread evenly as possible. Once done flip it and let it cooked for 2-3 minutes. It's okay if you have an excess batter while cooking this.


If you want it to taste a bit burnt, add more minute on your cooking time for both sides. Once your satisfied of it, let it cool before serving it. 


You can add fillings on it like cheese, chocolate bits, oreo and some add boba pearls. Our curiousity will enhance our own signature dish. They added whipped cream, nuttela, ice cream and many more. I've seen many version of egg waffle online and I can say that it was all pretty good.


I think this is not bad for my first try. Making egg waffle is harder than I thought it. Mixing the measurement especially on liquid is important.  My second try would be much better and I hope it will have toppings and fillings. So excited for it :) Thanks for reading my story today and keep safe. ❤


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post