Today I'm gonna share my newest recipe for tofu with my own harvested alugbati leaves. I remember that I don't eat alugbati before but since lockdown starts way back in March, I have to ate more vegetables and even ate those foods that I don't usually eat. 


Alugbati leaves is known for a saliva alike texture and got an after taste. However, this has been proven to have nutritional benefits like soluble fiber which in good for digestion. It has also good amount of phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, beta carotene and lutein. The one that I have right now is the red one which found to have some traces of anti oxidant.


Upon knowing all of it's numerous amount of good benefits, no wonder why some local doctors called this vegetable as a "wonder food". 


Alugbati or Malabar Spinach grew like vine and can easily grown when you have a seed of it. In my case, this alugbati (seeds) was just here under ground then when the rain starts to water the dry soil, it will just eventually began to sprout. I don't remember that I intentionally planted it but here it goes, I have alugbati and I will cook these leaves for my menu today.


I just bought 2 piece of tofu and a bunch of alugbati leaves. I simply cut the leaves and sprout separate it's stem. I washed the tofu and alugbati leaves as well.



I fry the tofu first, divide the tofu into 4 (you've got 8 pieces in total) After frying, I let it cool then cut into small parts. 

In the same pan with left oil from frying the tofu, I saute garlic 'till slightly brown then I add the tofu and alugbati leaves 

I let it simmer for 2 minutes then I add 1 cup of water. Add some salt, soy sauce and seasonings. I let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the leaves are cook.


Note: To my excitement upon eating this dish, I forgot to took the actual photo after it was cooked. As you may seen in the photo below, that's only left so I guarantee you that it tastes good! 


Sorry for our hungry tummy :)



Gracias ♥️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post