My mama used to cooked us pancake when we were kids. We called it Hotcake not pancake. Maybe because the real pancake has milk though our hotcake mix just needed water. Sometimes she added eggs but it can be cooked even without eggs. That's why I called it the cheaper version of pancake.


I used few ingredients that's available anywhere, here it is. 


Plain Flour

Sugar

Baking Powder

Salt

Oil




I measure and sift together 2 cups of flour and scoop 3-4 tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of baking powder. Pinch of salt and few drops of oil.


I mixed all the ingredients and gently fold it till well combine. I don't want to overmixed so it won't be stiff. 



I let the batter to rest for atleast 5 minutes but I guess the longer the batter will rest, we can achieve a fluffier pancakes even without using eggs. As the batter rested I saw this tiny bubbles. The baking powder makes our pancake to rise and having that tiny bubble was a good sign.


I splash very few drops of oil and spread it on my pan. (not a fancy one) Then I scoop 1 tbsp of the mixture by 4 that's why it looks like this. I made those tiny versions for my nieces afternoon snack. Once the bubbles looks firm and not to wet, it is ready to flip it over.



Using a non stick pan was a good option, though I am not using a non stick pan flipping it for the first time can stick at the bottom. The next try is a lot easier and whenever I experience the pancak to stick I will add a little drops of oil to help me out.


Now it is done, the taste was good and I liked it softness but still chewy. My nieces loves it and still wanting for more. I am glad I've got to share our version of Pancake. Thanks for reading my story today. Keep safe everyone! ❤

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post