Today I've challenge myself. I'm gonna try to draw a harder art work and this one really test my hand to practice sketching, applying shadow and tonal contrast. It takes me several hours to finish it and I discover new things because I tried to do it. 

What I did today I used an Oslo Paper (rough type of paper) which I think to chose it for sketch. I never know that this type of paper can be easy to get rough part when you erase it. That's why I've almost given up this one, but the good thing was I just pause for a break and when I came back to finish it, it all went well.


I also use a regular pencil for sketching this one. Now let's start.



First I draw the upper part: hat, hair, face and the collar of the clothes. 




With a very light hand stroke, I continue to sketch the more details in lower body, head part and clothes.


Once I am satisfied to the sketch that I made, I proceed to more details in eyes, nose and lips. These are the hardest part of this art work. 


I am not used to do a realistic looking drawing that's why I needed to erase unwanted shapes over and over. In result the paper gets rough then sketching it again was not so clean when I finished it. 




But since I wanted it so bad to finish this art work, I continue to do shadings and blend it using my finger. Though this art don't seem to be so neat, I am happy that I tried it anyways. Learning new things and encountering some problems while doing this was a great experience and by this, I can avoid these mistakes in my future art work. 



Being a self taught person in art was crazy and challenging. I develop my inner instinct in shading which I guess not into an expert level. I know that I have so many things needed to learn and this one will be a good entrance to a harder field in my art work journey. Here is the final look, hope you'll like it?!



Gracias ♥️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post