Color is one of the primary and one of the most important part of an art. Once a subject was identified to an artist, they can now explore different shades of colors beyond their imagination. For me making paintings on a canvass using paint colors is harder compared on creating arts using standard way like what I always did, I always used pencil.


However I challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone and try to flex my patience with this one. This is not easy for me since I know from the start that using oil pastel needed extra skills for blending and extra careful. When I'm about to start this, I was hesitant and bothers me a lot when I notice that the color is bigger (Jumbo size) than I thought. I just borrowed these colors from my niece and kept this for a while. 


So today, I am gonna share journey how I tried to draw and use an oil pastel color for the first time!



1.I sketch important details using my pencil.




2.Then start to put brown shades with all the trees. I used two shades of brown for this. 


3.As a simple trick, I just get a tiny piece of paper, roll it and use it as a wiper to the colors.



This kind of oil pastel that I used is hard to use, maybe because it's jumbo size. It is critical when I'm about to angle some spot. 


4.I proceed to color the remaining details and added some shadows to create some effects. (Sound professional though lol)


5.For final touch, I repeat to wipe and blend the colors using a piece of roll paper. Though I can use my hands, the oil pastel is a lot thicker than using a charcoal base colors. 


Sometimes, when I draw using just a pencil I usually did blending with the shadow using my hands. I find it more lighter and easier for my fingers to glide on the canvass



Here is my simple, not so clean art work for today. I forgot to tell you that I've never tried to draw nature landscape type ever. So this art I can say is just a beginning for me to explore other area of my art skill. Tomorrow I will back for a throwback anime that used to be a part of my childhood days! Stay safe everyone and God Bless...


Gracias ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post