Today, I made this desert for the first time and this desert really had been a part of my childhood memories.


Coconut grew in the Philippines widely and many there's a lot of things can be made out of it, but this time I chose to try making a desert and I have a lot of nephew who is waiting for me to make it. So here's it goes.

I just get 3 young coconuts and cut it into half then using a scrapper and shred it all.


After few minutes, I put the coconut shred (meat) into the pan with 1 cup of water. I let it simmer and stir just to slightly cooked the coconut meat. 


Then I add the dark brown sugar into it and stir it. Simmer it then until the coconut meat totally combine and thickens. 



I add 5 tbsp of cornstarch dissolve in water and continue to stir it until it thickens and the mixture turn into candy look like.


Turn of the stove once your done and immediately transfer the coconut in a large container. Allow it to cool down or put in a fridge for few hours or even for a day to ensure the thick consistency.



I just use a spoon to serve this since all of my nephew were excited to taste it. However, I forgot to took the actual photo when I serve it and while my nephews are eating. This is the actual shot when I am waiting for it to cool down.


Hope you'll like it and try this too!


Gracias ♥️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post