Do you have old jeans in your closet that you don't want to use any longer? 

Do you want it to transform into a new one?

Do you have a sewing machine?

If youre answer was all Yes! Then stay with me and I will teach and show you how I made my old jeans to a jumper or dungeree Denim Dress. If you have some materials to add in for decorations, prepare those now.


Here's what you need:


An Old Jeans

Scissor

Marker

Tape measure/Ruler

Thread

Sewing Machine

Buttons and patches



Instructions:


1.Cut the jeans into half. Make your own measurement regarding this one. You can decide if you wanted it to be longer or shorter.


2.Mark it and cut. Set aside the trim leg part of the jeans, we will use it later.


3.Reverse the jeans and align with two edges. (the butt and front area)



4.Mark to cut the curve edges. Cut both sides and sew.

5.Get the leg trim part of the jeans and start to draw a diagonal shape look like as seen on the photo.(This is for the front) 

I measure the upper part about 10 inches and the bottom part was 13 inches. Then I draw parallel lines both sides. Adjust it if you want too!

6.Cut it sew in every side. About half an inch maybe works to me.


7.Get the other trim leg jeans, mark and cut out a look a like shape of the first one but this one is a triangular shape but I cut the upper point. (This is for the back part) 

I measure the bottom part about 8 inches and the sides are 3 inches. As I said you can adjust it on your own body shape.


8.Get all the scrap jeans left and cut out four lengthwise. This is for connecting the front and the back.

9.Sew it both sides and connect all the four. In this stage you can now measure what would be the exact length of your shoulder. 

Remember to put an allowance part as it will cross the back part too. You can adjust if you cut it longer and I suggest that you cut it long unlike cutter it shorter, the adjustment takes longer time to sew and add again some jeans scrap.


10.Connect the two edge of the lengthwise and sew it like a curve so that when you attach it to the back upper part you can connect it neat.


11.I style the back part to be a cross looking that's why I have to sew it like a box to secure it. You can sew the sides or any area that you needed to secure.


12.Cut and fold the lengthwise edges. (You will insert the button here)


13.Using a needle I sew the button in the front area of the jumper. I simply place it both sides.

14.Add some decorations; I add one cut patch and sew it. 

15.For the dress bottom part, I added a black sequence and sew it. You can just fold and sew it or make it rugged looking. 


And I'm done! Here is my jumper/dungeree denim dress. You can try it using a hand sew but it requires you more time and big needles because some jeans are tough. Hope you could try it and let me know what it looks like.


Gracias 💕

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post