Have you've seen me before if I draw a male animè character? 

My fast answer; NO

So what make this art work edition special? 


I challenge myself today trying for the first time to draw a male cartoon character.Well, Goku was one of my favorite animè character and story of Dragon Ball Z is catchy and requires you to stick into the story per episode. Maybe that's why I see to it that I can make a decent version of him just by using a pencil and a black ball pen. Hope you can stick around and follow my journey.




1.Start to draw the face, neck and hair. (No details at all)



2.I continue next to his body shape and add details to it.

I don't add more pencil stroke 'cause it is not necessary needed for this one.


3.Then I trace it using a black ball pen. 


4.I used the ball pen to fill in the black portion of this art. 

At first I was hesitant to use a ball pen for this but as I carefully do it little by little, it comes out clean and appealing.


5.To make it more easier to put color, I started to draw lines like this just to make it more faster when I'm about to begin shading them more darker.


Even though this take me several hours to finish it, just a glimpse of it makes me excite to see how it looks like.


6.I added some final touches, erase some left pencil marks and I'm done!




I really love how it looks like. I find it very elegant, dramatic and bold. I think that this will be a start for me to draw a male character. See you tomorrow everyone!


Gracias ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post