Pencil for initial sketch, ball pen for permanent marking and colored pencil.

These are my basic and common things I used when drawing Manga. I felt a bit of self pity some times since I can't afford to buy a better brand of things that I use in my crafts but I found out that some artist just uses a ball pen for their arts and that really blown my mind.

I am surprised to see those beautiful piece of arts are all ball pen and no other used of things to make it more attractive. In that way it gave to me a motivation not to look for what is missing but to use what I have in my hand right now. I really enjoying this kind of hobby or I can say that my unfulfilled dream yet.


So here's what I did:

As always I draw the face and bangs towards the ears and the cat hoodie.


You may see that my sketch looks unclear and not visible. I don't know if I am doing it correctly but this is the way I thought to sketch an art first.

I don't want to see some visible sketch marks once I erase it off. An art need to be clean as possible whether you how good you are at drawing, sketching and all of that stuff but when your drawing has visible dirt of sketches it can ruin your masterpiece.


Then I simply go with the the whole process of sketching the body, clothes, arms and hair. I love braid style of hair and I find it so cute.

Once I finish sketching, I proceed to mark it with my ball pen and bold some needed details to enhance it's appearance.


Then it's time to color it! Achieving more vibrant color when using an ordinary colored pencil is quite hard. I really have to pressed the colored pencil more just to achieve the more color that I wanted. 

I put black and yellow stroke as a background for this one. I hope you like it and see you on my next Art Work blog.


Gracias ❤️


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post