Are you a vegetarian? If yes, have you tried to plants some vegetables at your front yard or even on a simple soil pot? Did you struggle taking care of them or it was just easy for you? 



Well actually, I was hesitant to try planting my own vegetables but due to nationwide lockdown, I have to use my spare time (mostly I have a lot of free time) were I can learn something new and of course to produce a food ready just in front of our house. 


As a blogger, my instinct to record and capture some photos of my journey makes sense today. Scrolling down on my gallery and remembering when I started to plant these vegetables simply blown me away. 


The journey of planting your own vegetables was fun but your patience and and extra care would be tested. I started to plant these vegetables in the last week of March. 

I just bought some trim sweet potato leaves and some left chinese spinach stem (chinese kangkong) which I planted directly to the soil. Just few days, I've checked the stems and there's a little root started to grow and surprisingly the rest us history.

I have a little story to share to you about my chili and bell peppers. As far as I could remember I don't have seed of hot chili but when I transfer them directly tp the soil it bare a chili. So the next batch that I transfer to the soil makes me think that I won't be able to have bell pepper. (I love bell pepper than hot chili) 

Yesterday while watering my vegetables, I notice a big looking green fruit and look closely. To my big surprise I checked it again to confirmed that it was a bell pepper not chili. It's obvious from the top to bottom that it is a bell pepper. Finally, I have a bell pepper plant at my garden. The feeling of fulfilment and accomplishing a farming journey like this was memorable and worth to share this to all of you.

I feel so satisfied and been dreaming to have my own vegetables and fruits planting spot to my dream house and lot. This lockdown season also taught me that we need to be resourceful and be advance to think that simple living like this (producing your veggies) makes you spend less money, living green at the same time eating a non-toxic foods ready at your home.

I hope it can encourage someone today to start your own cultivated planting/farming vegetables at home. If you don't have enough space you can plant them on plastic bottles and recycled it. For the next blog, I will try to plant on plastic bottles some seeds that I stored and tried to do a Self Watering System which I think will help to save water consumption. Stay tune to my next blog.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post