Did you bought seeds when you wanted to plant some vegetable or fruits?



These photos are my dried seeds. Most of them we consumed for food and I can't help myself not to throw the seeds but instead I wanted to produce my own vegetables from them. 

I never been interested to plants like this before. Though I love nature I wasn't able to try planting my own vegetables at home due to busy schedule. For the mean time that I am now staying at home, there's a lot of things which I never thought that I can learn to do it.

Basically, i needed to have seeds before planting vegetables. I don't have any access for purchasing some seeds so I tried to do some research how to produce my own seeds at home. Luckily I have neighbors that had vegetables and get some for free. So how did I do it? But first you must prepared your desire vegetables or fruits that you wished to be planted.

What I used here for example is eggplant. 

Procedure:

1.Choose an aged eggplant. The older it is the better 'cause the seeds can be harder compared to a young eggplant.


2.Cut the eggplant in half and scrape the middle part to get the pulp including the seeds.

3.Collect all the seeds and put it into a small container with water and soaked for a little while.

4.Get a piece of soft cloth or tissue that can absorb the moisture from the seeds. After soaking the pulp it will now be softer and it is easier to separate the seeds.


5.I used a fork for better pressure than using my finger. (You need some patience when doing this. It may takes up to 3-8 minutes)







6.Dry this under the sun and collect the dried seeds. You can stored your seeds on a small jars or containers at least tightly sealed.



Now your dried seeds are ready a4nd you saved some money instead of buying these seeds. I hope it can help and I encourage you to try it for yourself. It's fun to do and makes your day to busy some times. :)


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post