Kutsinta (Easy and Cheap Recipe)


Every country has it's traditional food that can be described as the roots of their ancestors heritage. Foods connects everyone's tummy and I would say say that I am a food lover. I've watched several tutorials or cooking show and I am now currently loving to see international cuisine. Well, maybe because I've also wanted to become a professonal chef that's why my attention on food related content make my cooking skills been activated. 

Suddenly my sister asked me if I can make Kutsinta. Honestly, I've never tried it before but I have some ideas how to cook and what's the ingredients. Although there are few ingredients that's not available to me, I have to replaced them with what I have. Here are the list of the things that I used here.

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups of water
1 cup of dark brown sugar
Oil for brushing

Here's what I did:



1.In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar and water.



Add the water and give it a good mix until well combine and the sugar dissolves. Then add the vanilla extract mix well. Set aside.


2.Prepare your steamer and boil the water.



3.Brush your molder with oil or butter and gently poured the kutsinta mixture. I would suggest that you place your molder inside the steamer before pouring your kutsinta mixture.



4.Steam it over low to medium heat for 10-20 minutes. You can do the toothpick check in case you wanted to be sure that it is completely cooked.


5.Allow them to cool. Flip the kutsinta upside down by giving it a gentle press on both sides to release it easily.

6.Best serve with grated coconut or Dulce De Leche spread.


This is my simple and easy recipe of kutsinta. I don't put food coloring or atsuete for this mixture since I've used brown sugar that gives this mixture a vibrant color. You can also replace the vanilla extract with pandan leaves but you must boiled it first and just get the water. I hope you could try this at home and share this to your love ones!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post