Hi guys, today I'm gonna try to make a well-known bread here in the Philippines. 

 

Pinaputok bread or Star bread has more dense and heavy texture compared most of breads that was soft and fluffy. Though this kind of bread looks ordinary, but the taste was good to fill an empty stomach in the morning with matching black coffee. Anyways, this is my first try to try this kind of bread so I hope it can help some beginners out there like me.


This recipe needed 7 major ingredients in bread making: Flour, yeast, sugar, baking powder, margarine, salt and water.


Here's how I did it:



I activated the yeast first using a lukewarm water about ¾ cup then add 2 tbsp of sugar and the yeast. I stir and gently disslove it and leave it for atleast 5 minutes or until the yeast starts to bloom. Note: I add 1 tsp of vanilla extract just to give the dough a sweet aroma but this is optional.

Then I gently poured the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and stir using a spoon. I gradually add some water till I achieve the right consistency of the dough.

I transfer it on a dusted flour surface and knead the dough for atleast 10-15 minutes then I add the margarine about 2 tbsp and knead till elastic or stretchy.

I cut the dough into small circles and roll the bottom part using my hand. I mold the dough and cut the top part of the dough using a scissor by doing a cross pattern. 

I also make other shapes like this just for trying out other mold and style of bread. I sprinkle some sugar on top of it and the other shapes I put it inside the dough and roll it. Then I transfer them into a greased baking tray with oil and I put the dough.


I allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes, but this recipe requires 30 minutes before baking it. I pre-heated the oven and baked it for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden brown.

Once it is done, let it cool and ready to serve! Here is the final look of Star Bread or Pinaputok Bread. Get one cup of coffee and a perfect breakfast and snack awaits for you. Hope you'll like it!



Gracias ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post