Hi everyone, today I tried to made my own wanton wrappers and this is my first try that's why I will share my personal experience as I made this out from 3 ingredients only.


Wanton wrappers are commonly used into Asian cuisine such as in China, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, and here in the Philippines as well. Since the Philippines had been colonized by foreign countries long time ago, the food also been a trademark that we adopted some from the Japanese, Americans and Spaniards. 


However, as of now one of the common dish that needed a wanton wrappers is what we called it here Siomai. We have our own version of spring roll and many asian cuisine that surrounds us. That's why today I'll try to make my own wanton wrappers so I can have it anytime. 


I only used 3 ingredients here: Flour, Salt and Water



The process begins, I combine the flour, salt and water in a bowl. I just gradually add the water so I have control how many liquids was enough for this dough. When I saw that the flour absorbs the water well, I transfer it into my kneading table.


Dusted with some flour, I start to knead the dough for a while and leave it for 5 minutes to rest. Then I knead it again and form into a ball.

I cut the dough into half and using a rolling pin, I press the dough as thin as I can. I add some flour on top and the bottom of the dough to prevent it from sticking.


Then I used a drinking glass and start to cut circles. I take out the edges and knead it again so I can form it into a ball. I repeat all the process till I finish them all. 



Note: If you wanted to try this, make sure that you dusted the dough with flour. It is important to prevent the dough from sticking to each other. This can be stored in fridge or use it all the way.



I prefer to use this wanton wrappers for steaming some dumplings, but I wanted to taste if this wrapper can be cripsy too. Stay tune for my next blog, I'm gonna share what I cooked and use this wanton wrappers. Hope to see you around!


Gracias ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post