Hi guys, let me share one of my newest DIY which I used on my art work recently, a blending stump made out of rolled paper.


Being able to produce a decent and more realistic drawing specially when using pencils needed a blending tool like blending stump. I haven't check the price of a blending stump but I usually see this tool when I am watching art tutorial online. Though I don't have any of those material they often uses, I am still eager to practice my drawing skills using what I have on my hand.


Out of my curiosity, I look and find out that I can make my own blending stump without spending any money. At first I thought I made it wrong but luckily it turn out so good.


I chose a soft paper for this and here is the process:



1.Using a stick, I fold the paper edge and start to roll it I  with the help of a stick.


2.Once the paper was folded and taking out the stick, I proceed to fold and roll the paper as thin as I can. 


Tip: I cut my paper into two so I can make it thicker but shorter. The important part of this was the middle part so the excess part like the softer part will be cut so I guess that it is better to start using a shorter paper than the long one.


3.Once the paper rolled out, I add the half of the remaining paper that I have and repeat the whole process.


4.Find the soft part of the rolled paper and cut it. Make the paper look like a pencil by cutting and shaping it using a cutter. 


5.Make sure that you find the part of the paper that has a lot thicker and no whole in the center.


Now let see if this will work: 



This is my drawing of an eyebrow and in the left side was a test of shading if this can really blend. For my personal opinion, this can blend and can be rated from 7-8 if you cut the tip correctly. However, if you're just a beginner like me I can recommend this to you instead of using your finger to blend. Our finger have some oil left into our finger tip so there would be a tendency that it can make our drawing messy.


Note: If the tip becomes dirty, before using it again you must cut and re-shape the tip using a cutter.


If you have a budget you can buy a blending stump instead of using this one. This DIY were just a good alternative option for a beginner like me in drawing. Hope this one can help you to achieve more bold and beautiful art in the future.


Gracias ♥️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post