Animè Art featuring Naruto and Kafra in Ragnarok



I used to draw lot's of animè when I was a kid but when I reached my teen age years this kind of hobbie suddenly gone. Maybe because my subjects during my high school days didn't involve more arts and crafts compare to my primary days that lot's of assignment that requires you to draw and do group craft project was necessary. 

Just a month ago my eldest niece, (his name is Ian Charles) caught my attention about his collection drawings of Naruto characters in his skecth book. At his age of 12, I was impressed that he could decently draw using his own knowledge and skills in sketching. He also ask from me advices how do a very light handed sketching since it was his weakness at this point.


(As you may see on this photo, his drawings had  details but the way he holds his pencil makes his drawing more prone to erasure and leave some sketch marks noticeable.)

As her auntie and he was my very first niece, I am glad that we had a common interest in arts. Her mother which is my sister cannot draw but his father got some talent like him so I guess he carries in his blood to have some artistic side. As a matter of fact my niece (Ian) was the one who encourage to draw some animè because he misses my drawing that he used to seen before. I hope that this kid will not change his passion and continue to what he likes the most.


One of my weakness in my drawings was the hand parts of the character. Balancing the size for both hands and even the fingers looks stiff and not realistic. I always told my niece that it was my weakest part in making my drawings. I haven't used an expensive pencil suitable for making drawings so I think that using one of them might caused my hands to struggle at first.  Like mine, my niece also used an ordinary pencil that's been around when I am still studying, the brand "Mongol Pencil".

I have a funny thoughts to share about Mongol pencil, way back on my Elementary days. I am studying on a public school and some of my classmates wasn't that poor. Out of my curiosity and observing around I just notice that my classmates with Mongol pencils are all well dressed and looks rich though. For a kid like me  (that was before) that kind of pencil was to expensive for me, so we need to buy more cheaper pencil rather than that. Everytime I saw a pencil like Mongol it brings me back to that memory.

We are blessed differently and not equal. That's life goes on but what I have learned in life was to be grateful for everything that I have right now. While I'm writing this makes me reminsce the past and how my life changed as of today. Though I am not yet the person that I wanted to be, I'm still in the process of making them come true.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post