I used an ordinary pencil whenever I do drawing and I am wandering how does my art work would look if I use at least one pencil like this 2B pencil.


Just wanna share a short story how I got this pencil:


My oldest nephew Ian gave me this pencil which he place carefully into his stuff for a slightly long time. However, as I told him about the right pencil to have when it comes to drawing bolder and darker shades, he told me that he remember a pencil that has a darker shades. Without any hesitation, he freely gave that pencil to me and I really appreciate his effort.


Now for my first drawing that I used a 2B pencil, a sketch of a Mobile Legend Character. As usual I don't know what was her name and to be honest my drawing don't look a 100% closer look to it so bare with me :)


First, I start with the shape of the face, bangs, eyebrow, eye, nose and lips. Then I proceed to draw the left eye and the eyebrow.


Second, then I draw the nose and add some shading down to the lips. As you may see I draw it with visible mess so I have to work on it with shading.

Third, I used a small make up brush to help me to do shading specially in the face area. The brush gave a nice contour effect and I love it. 


Using this pencil gave me a darker volume that I'd always wanted. I am still into learning how can I achieve different angle of the face and that was one of my weakness in my drawing. In addition to that, I am not able to copy my reference as is that's why I always say that my drawing don't look the same. 


Here is the final look and I hope you'l like it.



Gracias ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post