Courting is pursuing someone into romantic stage of relationship towards opposite sex.


Now that I am writing the tagalog word for courting makes me to think more deeper. We called it "Panliligaw". I am not a good translator but I will just depend on my own understanding of my language. When we say "ligaw" which may refer into two meaning. The first meaning would be "ligaw or lost". The second one is "ligaw or wild". I just translate the subject word and that is the "ligaw". However, our language has unique translation when combine with other phrases. 


Major Filipinos says, that panliligaw or courting would be one of the foundation before starting a relationship. Yes, I do believe that relationship must have a good foundation before it settle for a deeper stage. I was raised by my mother who is quite strict especially when it comes to boys. 

I grew up with her dragon type mouth and me and my sister were so afraid of her. In fact when it comes to crushes, just my closest friends will know who is my crush till to my high school days. I chose to live it that way just to protect my innocent feelings and understanding about relationships.


It is hard for a teenager to skip that stage when all of your friends has their gf/bf. But later on I have seen their teenage romance just gone. So what's the point? 


Courting didn't shows us the true identity of the person that pursue us. No stupid person will tell to me that he/she shows her dark side while on courting stage. Of course we just wanted to anticipate good things by showing our good sides without even thinking that courting must be done with honesty. 


No human are perfect. We all have flaws and the mere fact that the main reason for courting was to have a relationship for that person and most people were hypocritical.


I am telling this story because I believe that friendship might be the better option to know a person not courting stuff. Courting demands more time and effort like giving gifts, took her on a date, give flowers and many more. In other countries like in Japan, girls gave boys flowers which is very opposite in thr Philippines. The differences of culture and how we raised by our parents contributes on how well will be in other people. Making friends to everyone can developed a better version of courting. 


Inside friendship we can portray our own identity. If our friends loves us the way we are and even correct us in times that we made mistakes are better than courtship. This is my advice to new generation of single person who wants to take into the next level of relationship. Social media and television program created a big and bad impact to our youths today. They are now looking for relationship at an early age. Not only that watching some programs on TV and on internet promotes sexual curiosity which incites youth.


Well for me, any moves can contributes in our action and thoughts. As I am now on my adult stage, I can clearly say that frienship first is much better than courting. 


But always remember that keep your guard up not only to girls but also to men as well. Don't pursue a woman if he already say no to you. Have in your mind that it was not your lost, it's her though. To girls, don't rush to have boyfriend. Wait and make a better version of you 'cause you might not know that the one that you've waited for is actually been there all the time. 


Disclaimer: 


I am not a love guru nor an adviser. I just wanted to share my simple words that maybe someone can absorb it or someone will hate it. I respect the differences of each countries. The way our values was built first at home can contribute when we matured.  Maybe for my next topic would tackle about dating?


Thanks for reading my story today, keep safe everyone ❤

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post