Hi guys! Today I tried to draw a guy as a reference but didn't came out exactly how he really looks like. His name is Alden Richards and He is one of the famous and hottest Artist here in the Philippines.


If you're a Filipino, you will definitely know what he actually look like so please bare with me about how my drawing looks like. To be honest, this drawing really test my hand to sketch in a way that my paper will not be damage due to many erasure for wrong pattern. Though this might not be the best version of it's look, I wanted to share this today and share also my struggles which I encounter while making this art work.



Drawing the first part or making an outline of the face was one of struggles that I'd still working on it. Aside from doing a left sided face like this was hard to achieve and been able to have much better version of this photo can make it a difference.



After I completed his facial features, I proceed to his hair. I cannot achieve a darker shades 'cause I am just using mongol pencil. 



Now I draw the neck towards the clothes and hand. I am not used to do the lower part of the body. While doing this area makes me realize why should I chose this photo? This is a hard one to start for just a beginner like me. I really wanted to quit and not to finish it but still my inner self pushes me to finish it.


I used my regular make up brush for blending as my substitute for a blending stump. 


I was so eager to achieve a darker shades on his clothes. So I tried to use ball point ball pen in layers of cloth but I made the wrong move. I thought that it can be substitute for a mechanical pencil but I'm wrong. 


This look was too dramatic and got an excellent lighting maybe that's why I loved this photo to be my reference. This is the final look of my drawing, hope you'll like it.




Gracias ♥️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post