Due to lockdown season a month ago, I've spent my spare time to learn some basic knowledge in baking. Though I've posted several recipes including my first try series of baking, it gives me skills in learning new things without enrolling to a formal class for cooking and baking. Nowadays, technology also gives as unlimited access on internet to gather information for what we are looking for. I can say that we can learn almost everything we wanted on video sharing sites. 

So for today, I tried to bake a classic cake recipe that anyone will love. I'm going to use banana for my cake and trying it for the first time looks to be easy but totally I'm not expert in terms of making cakes. 


Ingredients:



1 ½ cup of All Purpose Flour

3-4 medium size Banana (use over riped for better flavor)

1 egg

¼ cup vegetable oil

½ cup of water

3 tbsp of skim milk

½ cup sugar washed (muscovado if you have)

1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

1 small calamansi (extract only)

Pinch of salt


Procedure:

1.Gently mash the banana using a fork then squeeze calamansi. Set aside.


2.Sift the dry ingredients and combine together.(flour,baking powder,baking soda,skim milk,salt)

3.On a separate bowl beat egg for a minute or until pale in color. Then add the sugar, vegetable oil, and water.


4.Now combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold using spatula or a whisk. Do not over mix.

5.Get your baking molder. I use an oval shape that we usually use for making leche flans. Grease the sides and the bottom with oil or butter.


6.Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven. I use an oven toaster so I can't give you what would be the exact temperature for this. 

On the first 5 minutes, I turn the oven toaster on dual mode (top and bottom heat) then switch to top for another 5 minutes.

7.Check the cake after 10 minutes for the doneness. You can do a toothpick check or simply pressing the top of the cake if it springs back. 


8.Take off the cake, transfer into wire rack (I just used a steamer)and allow it to cool.

You can add some chocolate chips, and your favorite frosting. I failed to make my original idea for this cake toppings. I mistakenly use my glutinous rice flour thinking that it is my DIY confectioner sugar. My toppings looks like a banana caramel pudding lol.



I will definitely do this again, I love the richness and the flavor of banana. The aroma was so inviting and perfect for a cup of coffee. Hope you like it as I did :)

Gracias ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post