Several days ago I have share my first experience in Donut making. However I don't achieve the perfect texture of donut but the flavor and taste we're both great. After doing that I haven't stop to learn how to make a decent bread that I can say it has the texture of a real bread. With air pockets and the elasticity of the dough is what I am looking forward for this recipe that I'm gonna try. 

What I chose to make today was a classic and all time favorite bread here in the Philippines. Ensaymada is a coil shape bread with cheese toppings with butter and sugar spread. Some recipe level it up, they make the cheese inside the bread and some uses fillings like Ube. Well when it comes to bread making, there is no limitation that's why I really wanted to achieve and learn how can to make bread in a proper way. 

I have two struggles in bread making that I'm still working on it. One was proper kneading of dough and then awareness of the right timing if the dough rises enough. This lockdown give me a lot of time to watch many tutorials and now giving it a try makes me excited but at the same time I'm nervous to do so. Whenever my bread making didn't turn out into good, I wanted to try even more that why my mind keep on thinking what went wrong to my bread. 



Ingredients:


1 cup Bread/All Purpose Flour
(Additional ⅓ cup flour for kneading and dusting)
1 tsp instant dry yeast
2 tbps of sugar
2 tbsp of shortening
¼ cup of water
¼ cup milk
Pinch of salt

2-3 tbsp of butter/margarine
¼ cup powder or granulated sugar


How to do:


1.Bloom your yeast with warm water/milk and sugar. Set aside and wait for atleast 5-10 minutes. If you see that yout yeast start to have bubbles it means that your yeast can be ready to use.


2.Now combine flour, yeast, water, shortening,salt and the milk. Using a bigger spoon or spatula combine them completely till well the flour absorb all the wet ingredients.

3.This dough is sticky, you will have to knead it on a dusted table. Knead the dough for few minutes till you achieve elastic dough. 

4.Form the dough into a ball, brush with some oil and let it rest for 1 hour or until your dough double it's size


5.While the dough is resting, prepare the ensaymada toppings by simply whisking the butter/margarine and sugar. You can prepare grated cheddar cheese too if you have.

6.Check your dough, once it double in size knead your dough again for about 2-5 minutes and cut it with desire grams. 


7.Roll the dough into a small log then shape the dough to look like a coil. 

8.Place the dough on a baking pan, I use a 3oz cupcake baking cups. Grease the bottom and the side and place the dough.


9.Make the finale rest for 1 ½ hour. This bread requires a lot of time to rise however if you live in more humid area the process may take long like this.

10.Pre-heat your oven; I use 2 method to bake this bread. I tried to use an improvise oven using a casserole. While the rest of the bread baked in oven toaster for 5 minutes.


11.Take off your bread and let it cool completely before spreading the butter and sugar mixture. Add some cheese and enjoy your Ensaymada.


I hope that my experience will help anyone as a simple guide in achieving successful bread making in the future. 



Note: It take too long when I bake the bread in the casserole since I use woods for fire. I think when you bake it in stove this may take 10 minutes or less. For the oven toaster, I have to set it on dual mode (bottom and top heat) then switch to top heat only when almost a minute left. Do not let your bread to stay inside the oven once it was done because it can burn your bread to the heat that remain inside the oven toaster.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post