Today let me share another Empanada recipe which I always loved to cook. What I love about empanadas, the fillings is limitless. If you love meats, cheese and fruits, you can definitely make a delicious recipe. However, I love empanada with vegetables stuff inside. Perfect to match with sweet, sour and spicy vinegar.


I just use basic ingredients today so I think anyone can try this and take note, no meat added so maybe a little healthier I guess so :)


Ingredients:

Dough

1 cup Flour

½ cup rice flour

½ tbsp rock salt

½ cup water

¼ cup vegetable shortening

Extra flour for dusting


Filling

1 medium size Sayote (Grated or cut into thin slices)

1 cloves garlic

Salt and some pork seasonings

Oil


Additonal tools needed:

Rolling Pin

Fork 


Instructions:


1.Combine flour, rice flour, salt and shortening. After that drop water little by little so you can control the volume of liquid into your dough.
2.Use a spoon to combine till the dry absorb the water completely. 


3.Sprinkle some flour on your working table and give a slight knead the dough. Set aside.

4.Cut sayote into thin slices or use a large grater to simply do it. Add some salt to it and leave for 5 minutes. Squeeze out extra moisture from sayote and proceed to the next part.



5.On a pan with some cooking oil, sautè garlic until slightly brown then add the sayote. Stir then and add salt and pork seasoning. Cook this for about 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.


6.Divide the dough into 2 and cut by 16 pieces.

7.Roll and flat the dough using rolling pin then add ½ tbsp of sayote. 


8.Lock the sides by making it into triangular shape. Use a fork to seal it completely.

9.Heat your frying pan with enough oil to cover the empanada while frying into low medium heat.

10.Fried both sides till golden brown and drain some excess oil. Serve this while hot to ensure the crispness.


So here is my Empanada de Triangulo. I chose to name it like this since it was triangular shape and empanada was originated in Latin countries. Maybe empanada would be forever in my favorite list of food to eat and to made by myself. I love crispy in the outside but so juicy and tasty inside. Hope you could try this one today!


Gracias ❤️


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post