Hey guys! Yesterday I share how I did my first to make a donut. Some of the ingredients which I used in that recipe wasn't available that's why I've got to switch and find some alternative ways to have it. One of that was confectioner/powder sugar. This kind of sugar also known as Icing sugar and it was ideally made for that. 

This powder type of sugar easily melt and combine with butter (for butter cream icing) and use in baking pastries and cakes. However this kind of sugar was a little bit pricy compare to granulated or standard sugar that was available in the market. 

I am lucky to be taught that I can make my own confectioner/powder sugar using just a granulated sugar. Honestly I've never tried this method before so there's still a doubt in me if I can turn this out right. So today I'm gonna share how easy and fast I made this using just a blender. Yes! you read it right, your blender will work for you and able to give you that confectioner sugar anytime. Prepare these things below:



Ingredients:

1 cup granulated sugar (white or light washed brown)
2 tbsp of cornstarch

Tools:

Blender and a spoon to mix


Procedure:

1.Combine sugar and cornstarch inside the blender. Give a little mix using a spoon.



2.Turn on the blender and start to blend the sugar. I pressed the whip and the puree botton. 



3.Check moment by moment to be sure that the sugar that stock at the bottom can circulate.



4.Stop each time you check the sugar. You will start to notice that the sugar breaking down into powder but slowly.

5.This method might give you some smokey powder surface inside your blender but that's natural.

6.Repeat the process until you achieve that powder touch at your finger. Though you can feel bits of sugar, I don't even mind it since it can be dissolve a lot easier.


7.You can sift it and place on an air tight container. Store in a cool dry place if you won't use it right away.



Disclaimer:

For my personal point of view, I really love how I made it and saving money without buying a store brought confectioner sugar. If don't want to do this things you can buy though but for me, this method really works and it will help you when you're out of stock. Try it today and see it for yourself. Happy baking!


Gracias ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post