Are you interested play guitar the easiest way without watching a tutorial videos to be your guide? If your answer is yes, I can share my journey how did I learned to play guitar just by myself. 



Guitar was one of the hardest musical instrument to learn but for some people, thia might be easy for them. Some people says, if you already know how to play any kind of musical instrument, the learning of new instrument would be easier. Based on my experience, I learned to play guitar first, then I tried to learn piano but my first try on piano was a disaster.

I had a friend who introduce his few knowledge about piano and the chords itself but my mind didn't take it seriuously in understanding the keys without any clues what notes in every piano tiles/keys. In that point, I really struggle and soon I gave up. Then I told myself that playing Piano is not a joke. After few years, I tried once again to play piano by myself and I am happy that I learned it.

But there's a few factor that needed to consider before you  start to decide that you wanted to learn guitar. 


1.Have Your Own Guitar

I think this is necessary for all musical related instrument. How can you practice more often if you don't own a musical instrument that you wanted to learn how to play it. I remember I was in my Primary days when I had my interest on playing guitar, but how can I learn and practice guitar if I don't have my own guitar. 

After few years, my Aunt gave us an old guitar and by that, I was able to learn some basic chords anytime. Most people wanted to learn a musical instrument but as for me, you needed to have your own musical instrument as a start. You can buy used guitars as this is more cheaper. You can replace it when you are ready financialy and skillfully capable. 


2.Practice with your Own Understanding

Practice makes Perfect, but it requires your hardwork and patience. I could say that playing guitar wasn't easy at first. Your fingers will get callouse and the pain of your hands will strike too. Aside from that chords on guitar needed to place in the right way along pressing them hard on the fret board.

You have to understand and analyze Chord  Chart for you to learn guitar chords without watching video tutorials online. I wanted to emphasize too that learning guitar thru watching video tutorial was not wrong. I just wanted to share that learning guitar the old ways may develope your inner skills of understanding. Aside from that, I am a type of person that wanted to see my fault with myself, so if you don't want to be taught by somebody follow me though :)

I remember when I was trying to understand it's pattern at first it was horrible. But when I tried to look closely and understand it, it was easy and more convenient. I can look at it as many times as I wanted and it was free of charge. Chords Chart can bring you to a level of discovering your musical ears and understanding how it works so I guess I would highly recommend this basic chord chart for beginners. 

I used a Chord Chart to learn basic chords. Every finger has a disignated numbers which you will follow. 

Index Finger: 1
Middle Finger: 2
Ring Finger: 3
Pinky Finger: 4

Note:

Your thumb was important too, though it doesn't have any designated number for it, it plays a big role when you are doing sharp and flat chords. You needed to press your hands together with your index finger with a big support from your thumb to create a sounds that was full. 

3.Choose a Song (Memorize the Full Chords for it)

When I started to learn the basic chords like (D - G - A - Em - C- Am)
You may notice that these chords are all open strings that's why I called it my basic chords :)

I decided to memorize one full chords of a song. The title of that song "All of my Days by Hillsong". I chose this song for it has sharp chords that I know it will be difficult to learn but I cannot keep on hiding from hard to play chords anymore. 

The good thing about this kind of method, it becomes more easier for me to memorize other chords instantly. Playing songs many times was my strategy to exercise my fingers and my memory. 


4.Memorize The Chords for Better Results

If you don't remember the chords/notes, you won't be able to make it. As a musician, memorizing chords would always by your side. I know some veteran musicians didn't struggle about this but this is just my personal experience that I am talking about. 

Once you memorize those guitar chords, the transition for each notes and melodies would be less hassle. The way your hands switches to another chords would be easy when you already memorize the chords. Your mind will command your finger to move when it needed.


Disclaimer:

I am not a pro musician, that's why from my little 
knowledge about guitar may help some of newbies who are struggling to learn guitar the easiest way. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post