How Hard to Survive When You Cannot Work Because of Covid-19



The global crisis that this generation are facing was still not under control. Many country has huge numbers of positive patients and deaths are rising everyday. It was alarming that this pandemic came from Asia and spread in the world in just few months. As I lived in the Philippines, the government stated that all works are suspended, both public and private companies needed to obey the implementation of this rules all over the country. 
However, many Filipinos literally has no enough savings. To be honest I am one of them, as a daily wage earner how can a person or a family of 5 survive when nobody was earning money for their food and bills. That's the sad reality that we, Filipinos are now suffering. I am not blaming the government about their move to combat the corona virus. No one has been prepared and no one thought that it would take so long to fight that virus. Let me share my personal experience that made me learn new things and wander the things that I had in my life as of today.


1. I didn't recieved any cash assistance from the government. (I will not discuss the full details here because it was too long and I think this is not a proper place to talk about it.)

Many Filipino's including me, didn't get a chance to have a cash assistance from the government. Perhaps for some reasons the cash fund from the national government can't be enough for all Filipino's, that's the sad reality of life and no one is to blame for it. As seen on the news around the world, the international economy dropped to it's lowest scenario over the years. The fact that money wasn't available to be worked for was worst. How can you buy food if you have no money to pay for it?

My family with this pandemic really helps us to survive in terms of money. They gave some money so we can have food to eat. Budgeting was so important today. We cannot spend our money buying all the foods that we wanted to eat as we wish. Well for me this transition was not a big deal to me. I confess to be so balance in spending my money. I also liquidated my expenses and audited the cash  money left on my hand. My previous job gave me that sense of listing all the taken money, what i bought and how much money left to me. Some people see it was unnatural but by doing that, I've learned a lot and used that ability to spend money way much longer than the usual today.


2. Ration Food/ Relief Goods wasn't enough (Food packs from the local government can't last for 1 week consumption)

In the Philippines when a disaster came like typhoon and severe earthquake, the usual and immediate response from the national government was a food packs with rice, instant noodles and canned goods. However, due to lockdown or quarantine extended up to 2 months, many families beg for more relief goods 'cause it cannot last up to 1 week with 5 family members. We are grateful that our local municipality gave us food packs with 5 kilos of rice, sardines and their latest effort gave us with 1 kilo of Chicken. Though it can't last for weeks, much better not to complain but be thankful that we have food to eat. For that reason I have to make my own food sustainability and decided to plant some vegetables at our backyard. I gonna be sharing it to my next blog so stay tuned :D


3.Discipline was implemented but some are still stubborn. (Social Distancing and Curfew)

The National Government had conducted lot's of town operations to make sure that social distancing will be observed during those times that people with quarantine pass can go outside. Curfew was implemented through out the entire country that led by the Barangay Officials. As the quarantine period started, many people didn't take the law seriously or even fear for their own lives if they can have the corona virus. So the authorities made a decision to arrest all the people doing some illegal things during the quarantine. Some caught outside their houses without any good reasons to be outside, illegal gambling, drinking alcohol and drug related cases too. It so sad that in spite of this pandemic, they didn't get the idea of having the virus and can be spread out of your family members and to all that you contacted. This is a serious campaign worldwide. The virus was too strong to spread without seeing a sign at first. We must obey the new rules implemented by the National Government and be educated not to focus on our old lifestyle. 

Disclaimer: I Just wanted to share what an ordinary people can experience this pandemic season. All of us needed to be healthy but without money to spend for more healthier foods was a big challenge. I hope that everyone around the world had a positive mind to coped this situation. If some of you had a friend and relative that is a frontliner. I salute to them and praying that they will be more cautious in terms of disinfecting themselves. Stay healthy, think positive and pray to God. He sees, cares and hear our prayers. No matter what you believe in, the important today was to show kindness, solidarity and willingness to give for others. Money today can be worthless if you can't buy anything or not even had a chance to buy your own food. Our life here on earth was our training or battle field. Remember those people who helped you with this season and thank them. Keep safe everyone, have a nice day!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post