How Hard to be Notice on Youtube | My First Year Experience




This is my personal thoughts based on my experience as this month will be my first year anniversary on having a Youtube channel. One of the reason why i chose to start a Youtube channel, primarily I consider it as a good platform to start a home based work and enhancing my skills. However earning on Youtube were attracting lots of people who wants to have income that is promising and so inviting for everyone to try. But there's more story behind every success of a Youtuber's journey. Some starts more than a decade and when Youtube increase viewers, they were the one who gain for the number of views as years go by. Starting Youtube career in a long period of time can considered as a good foundation of your channel's growth. In the mean time, allow me to share my personal journey on Youtube for 1 year.


Struggle is Real



Entering Youtube is not an easy money thing. When Youtube came into my senses that I wanted to try it, it seems that the requirements of being able to have a running ads on your channel was easy. Then I realized having a larger volume of viewers and subscriber was hard, specially for those creators who started Youtube in just a year ago. Most cases that I've seen for some content creator made a hundred content but their subscriber wasn't that much but they had already running ads. Struggling in this kind of feeling makes a small creator like me to feel upset, tired and lose hope.

$ads={1}
I also remember that the content from other people may discourage you in the long run. So why did i feel it that way? When you think you are good enough (your content) and other's stuff compared to you gain more views and subscriber can make you feel jealous for their growth. Sometimes those content will give enlightenment and push yourself harder to be as good like them. Though our patience and perseverance will be tested in this platform. It's a matter of choice on how we can diverse these kind of negative vibes that can really create a big effect on our journey in Youtube.


Make content more Interesting and Engaging



Now that Youtube has millions of users around the world, the viewers also looking for unique content. Making content was a part of everyone's life in Youtube or blogging. Since I chose to do a song cover, all I have to do was to make good music, choose what song really fits for me and being updated to new songs realeased. DIY's like 5 minute Craft channel has a huge number of subscriber and I am wandering how many videos they made in the past and being able to upload new content up today.


Our content makes us to be known in this era, we will be recognized based on our stuff that why when we chose our channel branding, always put in mind that this is your identity in Youtube. I chose music because I'd like to pursue my dreams and someday to share my own music as well. We all loved to be remember as the person with a good quality content. Youtube is a good platform to be enjoyed and gives anyone a chance to be seen in the world.

$ads={2}

Famous People Vs. Ordinary People



Celebreties became interested in Youtube that's why they created their own channel and making the small creator to be left behind. Being recognized and famous was a very big advantage in this platform 'cause you already have the audience and they will watch you instantly without putting more effort on their content.


By all of that, many small creator who just begin to start their channel were struggling to be notice. The traffic engine source on  Youtube search cannot be triggered all the time. We all need to understand that this can't be fixed overnight. Whether we'd like it or not, the unfair popularity of those famous people will make small creator to be left behind. The best thing we could do about this is to stay focus on what we have.


Don't stop Uploading Videos



But in every losing battle like this, we must stay focus in connecting to more future viewers and not to stop creating content. When I stop to upload covers for almost half a year, the growth of my channel and views also dropped down. The internal mechanism of Youtube search engines reflected as our source of video suggestions for all their users. If you stop uploading videos, Youtube will also stop suggesting it into others. That's why when I had the chance to be back on doing song cover, the suggestions of my videos is back and my watch time also increased little by little. Focus in the outcome of your effort and who knows, one day our big break that were waiting for can happen today.


Give it all to God and He will do the Rest


Inspired to be an inspiration. Life was not all about ourselves to be alone in this journey. I also learned that leaning and understanding God's perfect timing  was worth it. Waiting can mold us, to become a better version of you and preparing us to be ready in recieving any kindo of blessing. I've almost wanted to quit doing covers and look for a job, but my love for my passion in music and also writting gave me another reason to stand and now to continue what is left behind.

My one year journey on Youtube taught me to that hard work will pay later. Just one big break is just the start of a potential future subscriber and views that will give you a brighter future to be shared by others.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post