Hi guys! Today I will share how I used ketchup for my saucy and savory Macaroni dish which I practice to cooked during lockdown season here in the Philippines. 


If you have a tomato sauce at home you're lucky to have it but since ketchup is quite cheaper and I can but it in small pouches I decided why not to to use a regular ketchup since I have a small portion of uncooked macaroni. This dish was with me for a long time and every time I made this dish, what I have in mind was the memories from my Father.


He was the first person who says that this taste so good and the fact that I don't put any meat here amazed him even more. I've learned to cooked some dishes with his guide and 'till now those memories still remains. So I guess my introduction went longer again, let's start!



Ingredients:


1 cup (or less) macaroni

1 cloves of garlic 

1 small red or white onion

2 small red and green bell pepper

1 small red chili

1 small pouch of banana ketchup

2 tsp of corn starch

3-4 tsp of sugar

Pork seasoning and Salt

Cooking oil and water



Procedure:


1.Cut the bell pepper into half and take away the seeds and chop into dice or tidbits follow by the garlic, onion and chili. Set aside.

2. Saute garlic, onion and bell pepper in a medium heat then set aside. In the same pan, put 1-2 cups of water and put the macaroni. Cover and let it simmer till slightly cook.


3.Once your macaroni is in mid cook process, add to the boiling water your saute garlic, onion, bell pepper and add the red chili chopped. Let it simmer for 30 seconds then add the ketchup, sugar, salt and some pork seasonings. 


4.Add 2 tsp of corn starch dissolve in water and pour it in. Continue to cook it and it will help the sauce to be thicker. You can adjust the salt according to her desire level of taste. You can add cheese if you have and serve it while it's still warm. Enjoy!


Here's our Cheapest Macaroni Ever!



Gracias ♥️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post