Do you love spicy foods? Are you vegan? Are you bored  doing the same recipe on your menu? 

Today, I tried to give some twist to a simple fried tofu to the next level. I know that this might look the same recipe on the internet but believe me, I haven't check the internet before doing this recipe so I think this idea just came out instantly. 


Just this morning, I have to buy some foods in a nearby store. The only thing I've notice that there's a lot of food available but they are all processed foods that we all know was not healthy to consume every week. I went to the vegetable store place and find some tofu is available. I bought 3 block of it cost 5 pesos each ($.01) this is cheaper than I thought. 

Tofu can be bought almost everywhere, but the type of tofu in the super market had a different pricing and the tofu was bigger and thicker. So let's prepare our things and start cooking. 


Ingredients:

3 pieces of Tofu blocks 

2 cloves of garlic (mince)

2 small red onions 

2 green peppers (cut diagonal)

2 tbsp of oyster sauce

⅓ cup of water

Pork seasonings and salt


Procedure:

1.Wash and drain the tofu, after that cut the tofu (4 pieces each tofu) and sprinkle some salt and set aside.


2.Fry the tofu till golden brown each side then cut them according to your choice, set aside.

3.In the same pan, sautè garlic and onion and add the tofu. Give a little toss then add the oyster sauce, salt, pork seasoning, water and green peppers. 


4.At this point you can check the taste. I added few drops of soy sauce to enhance the color and 1 tsp. of brown sugar. This make the tofu taste a bit of sweet and spicy that sizzle in your mouth.


5.Let it simmer for 5 minutes until the peppers are cooked and all the seasoning are all dissolve. 

6.You can add some pork to this recipe. I suggest that you fry the pork crunchy as it blends with the tofu and the syrup. 


Note: This recipe was spicier than I thought, if you don't want too spicy, just put 1 green peppers. If you added many water, add some cornstarch dissolve in water before pouring it in the mixture. Hope you could try this easy recipe at home.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post